Applying to AIM Programs»
- 1. I am interested in applying to the programs of the Stephen Zuellig Graduate School of Development Management. How do I secure a brochure?
Please click on the Download Brochure button on the program pages to automatically receive your copy of our brochures.
- 2.When does the MDM program start?
- The Master in Development Management starts every January.
- 3. Is GMAT required?
- We accept either the GMAT or AIMAT (AIM Admission Test) as part of the application process. We do not have a preference for either test. If you have taken and passed the GMAT within the last 2 years, it is still valid for use with your application. We require a minimum GMAT Score of 600.
- 4. What is the AIMAT and what is the passing score?
- The AIMAT is the AIM admission test which lasts for 2.5 hours. It measures various abilities and skills learned in school and work. The format is as follows: first is the 30 minute verbal section, second the 30 minute critical analysis section, third the 50 minute quantitative analysis section and fourth the 40 minute essay. The AIMAT has a total of 150 items in which the passing score is 60.
- 5. How much is the Application fee?
- The Application fee is $50.00 or its equivalent in Philippine Pesos.
- 6. Where can I take the AIMAT?
- Once you have submitted your application form, you will be given a test schedule at AIM or at a designated testing center near you.
- 7. What are the English proficiency requirements?
- Applicants may be required to take the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) upon recommendation of admissions board after the interview.
- 8. What is the weight given to the entrance examination? Are there other criteria for admission?
- The score in the entrance exam is considered along with other factors like work experience and transcript of records. Generally, if you have 2 below-average scores, you will not be interviewed anymore. The AIM Admissions Committee conducts interviews with all applicants to help them assess the applicants' leadership, interpersonal and communication skills. In the interview, applicants are evaluated also based on their overall qualifications, work experience, career plans, demonstrated managerial potential, maturity and motivation.
- 9. Can my units from a previous masters program be credited to an AIM degree program?
- No, units earned from previous masters will not be credited to any of the AIM programs. Students should take all the required subjects.
- 10. May I defer my admission?
- Yes, AIM grants admission deferrals only up to two school years. In this case, applicants need to submit a Letter of Deferment addressed to the Admissions Director. If the applicant fails to enroll after two years, he/she needs to go through the entire admission process again.
- 11. If one fails to qualify for admission, are there other options available? Can they make an appeal to be admitted?
- There are many reasons why applicants fail to qualify for admission. If you fail the AIMAT you can retake it after two years. If you pass the AIMAT but lack the work experience or English language proficiency, you can re-apply after one year. The admissions staff reviews each application carefully and does not allow appeals.
- 12. Does AIM offer scholarships?
A limited number of scholarships are available that provide full tuition and fees. We encourage students to seek alternative sources of funds such as corporate sponsorships and bank loans to cover tuition and living costs. Please contact our Marketing Associate (email: email@example.com) to know more about available scholarships.
- 13. Does AIM offer loans?
Applicants from India have expedited access to loans at the State Bank of India, Bank of Baroda, and the Union Bank. To learn more about funding for Indian Nationals, click here.
Filipino applicants can also apply for educational loans. Please contact our Marketing Associate (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more about your tuition fee options.
- 14. Can I get a sponsorship from the company where I am working?
- Yes. Many companies are willing to sponsor high potential employees who want to pursue higher education. The sponsorship usually comes with a commitment period to the company following the delivery of the graduate program.
- 15. Can I pay in installments?
- Yes installment options are available. Please contact email@example.com to learn more.
- 16. What visa is required for studies in AIM?
Overseas students who are accepted for study in AIM are required to secure a 47(a)(2) visa. It is a visa similarly granted to expatriate businessmen, among others. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO COME IN UNDER A TOURIST VISA. If you come in under a temporary visitors’ 9(a) tourist visa and Immigration officials find out that you are coming in to study, you may be refused admission into the country.
Since AIM will be working on your visa clearances and visa extensions, we require that your passport be valid for at least 18 months from the time classes start. This will save you from the unnecessary expense and effort of renewing your visa here, and restamping the visa on the new passport.
- 17. How can I contact the Admissions Office for questions about application procedures?
For Indian, Indonesian, Malaysian and Vietnamese applicants, please contact our representative offices. Click here for their detailed contact information.
For Filipinos and other nationalities, please contact the Student Administration and Registration Office (email: firstname.lastname@example.org / telephone: +632 892-4011 ext. 268)
For visa-related questions, please email email@example.com or call +632 892-4011 ext. 197
Couldn't find what you were looking for? Please try a category from the list below.